Grassroots Action was awarded charitable status in 1992, and incorporated as a limited company in 2002. We have low overheads, pay modest salaries and don't employ professional fundraisers. We rely on project grants from trusts and foundations and on donations from the public. Please consider making a one-off/regular donation to support our work empowering disadvantaged communities to help themselves.
Our current projects include:
- Basic education and functional literacy for women farmers and petty traders (4,000+ have benefitted so far) in the north of Sierra Leone*
- Support to enable blind children to be educated in mainstream schools in Sierra Leone
- Reduction of pesticide-poisoning, amongst subsistence farmers, and contamination of food and water resources in Ghana
- Sending two braille embossers to Zimbabwe
- Mentoring UK graduates for a career in international development.
Charity No: 1091516
Find out more
How you can help
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know