Hackney Shed Limited
Hackney Shed is a performing arts group for young people. We believe that every member of the group has something special to offer to the development of the art, and the development of the group. Hackney Shed works hard to provide an exciting, vibrant, creative and accepting place for children and young people to come together, share ideas and produce exciting theatre.
Hackney Shed offers an accessible and inclusive place where children and young people can become valuable members of the company, exploring their creativity and working inclusively with their peers.
Our children and young people attend both special and mainstream education. Everything that we do is accessible on many levels to ensure that everyone is able to take part.
Our 'pay what you can' policy also enables everyone in the local community to access our work with no barriers. We are constantly fundraising to keep our doors open and to continue our work so we really appreciate any support you can give us!
Please donate to support our cause.
Hackney Shed is an inclusive theatre company working in East London with children and young people aged 7-19 delivering workshops and creating performances.
Through our work we aim to:
- Make all our activities accessible to everyone including members with special needs and we pride ourselves on our 'no barriers' policy.
- Provide a safe and secure environment for all children to be creative and share ideas regardless of their abilities or background.
- Increase young people's (including those with special needs) confidence both in performing and in day to day life via participation in our workshops and performances.
- Increase tolerance and respect for peers both with and without needs, creating an opportunity for young people to make friends and work with young people with special needs therefore breaking down barriers.
- Ensure that our work is financially accessible to all families in the local community
Charity No: 1139394
Find out more
MyDonate is not responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know